Monday 2 August 2010

70's Inspiration






The seventies were the decade of my childhood: the most evocative time for me memory wise. My mum wore maxi skirts and boots, my dad wore paisley shirts and big belts, and I had green hot pants, and all those fabulous synthetic jumpers that gave you static whenever you took them off. Actually it surprises me that more children did not die of spontaneous combustion during the seventies; we had nylon sheets, brushed nylon pajamas and sparks would fly off you is you got out of bed in the middle of the night, not to mention the static hair!

But aside from that, I love the fashion of that decade, Biba, peasant skirts and cheesecloth, flares and platforms, it was great! It seemed like a really liberating time, men were having perms and wearing velvet, it was truly a much more sartorially experimental time than now.

No comments: