Wednesday 19 March 2008

Inspiration and stuff

My new Blythe arrived. Haven't decided what to call her yet. She is very cute and it seems strange, but I think she is slightly shorter. can this be possible?



I have decided to subscribe to Selvedge magazine, finally. It works out cheaper than buying them individually and I won't have to hunt around for it anymore. Also, I need it for inspiration of course.



I have developed a liking for the edging of fabrics, the bit where they show the dye colours and the name of the print etc. Very lovely. These are some off my recent projects.

2 comments:

iHanna said...

Cute blythes and very cute clothes you make. I love the edge of fabric too, I have a small collection but haven't decided what to make with them yet. Maybe a fabric book cover?! :-)

Rella said...

Hi Hilary...it had to search to find your blog after getting your lovely dress for my Blythe. I had to smile at the collecting of selvages and as I have been in love with fabric and sewing etc. for many years as was my mother and my mother's mother....I totally understand this collection.

Have a wonderful weekend.
xo Cindy AKA Rella